Fastly provides web interface access to all of its features and functions, which are also accessible using Fastly's application programming interface (API).
Before you begin
Access to Fastly's web interface controls
Access to Fastly's web interface controls requires you to sign up for a Fastly account. Creating an account is free. Once you've created an account, you can navigate to the controls via the Fastly login page at https://manage.fastly.com, either directly using any standard web browser or by clicking a link at the top right of almost all pages at the Fastly website.
If it's your first time logging in, the controls may appear a bit empty. As you get started and create your first service, however, you'll begin to see more, including:
- a switcher menu that provides direct access to both the Fastly and Signal Sciences applications from a single location
- the Home page where you view summarized details about all your services
- the Stats page where you monitor real-time and historic caching-related details about a specific service
- the Deliver page where you define the settings that specifically control how cached content should behave and be delivered
- the Compute page where you can define how each instance of your Wasm services should behave and interact with its data sources
- the Secure page where you access the different security products Fastly has to offer
- the account menu where you access account-specific settings, personal profile information, and billing-related details
Keep in mind that the controls that appear will be based on the roles and permissions assigned to you by whoever manages your company's account access. Also, not all Fastly service features are enabled by default. The appearance of the web interface controls may change from the defaults displayed once these services are enabled for your account.
Changing the appearance of the web interface
You can change the theme of the Fastly web interface. Follow these instructions to change the appearance for your personal profile:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface and click the Account link from the user menu. Your account information appears.
- Click the Appearance link.
To enable dark mode, click the Dark mode switch.
You can click the switch again to change the theme back to light mode.
We support a minimum display width of 768 pixels on the latest version of the following browsers:
If you aren't using one of these browsers, then some visual styling may not be correct when using the Fastly web interface.
We strongly recommend updating your browser before beginning any debugging of Fastly services and before reporting problems to Fastly Customer Support. You can find the latest, downloadable versions of all major browsers online. The list at Browse Happy may help you.