NOTE: Fastly does not provide direct support for third-party services. See Fastly's Terms of Service for more information.
Before adding DigitalOcean Spaces as a logging endpoint for Fastly services, you'll need to create a DigitalOcean account if you don't already have one. Then you'll need to create a space with private access permissions on DigitalOcean's website, generate a secret key and an access key, and make a note of the endpoint.
Adding DigitalOcean Spaces as a logging endpoint
After you've created a DigitalOcean Space, follow these instructions to add DigitalOcean Spaces as a logging endpoint:
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
Click the Spaces by DigitalOcean Create endpoint button. The Create a DigitalOcean endpoint page appears.
- Fill out the Create a DigitalOcean endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Name field, type a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Log format field, optionally type an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. The Apache Common Log format string appears in this field by default.
- In the Timestamp format field, optionally type a timestamp format for log files. The default is an
strftimecompatible string. Our guide on changing where log files are written provides more information.
- In the Bucket name field, type the name of the DigitalOcean Space in which to store the logs.
- In the Access key field, type the access key associated with the DigitalOcean Space. See the DigitalOcean Spaces Authentication Guide for more information.
- In the Secret key field, type the secret key associated with the DigitalOcean Space.
- In the Period field, optionally type an interval (in seconds) to control how frequently your log files are rotated. This value defaults to
Click the Advanced options link of the Create a DigitalOcean endpoint page and decide which of the optional fields to change, if any.
- Fill out the Advanced options of the Create a DigitalOcean endpoint page as follows:
- In the Path field, optionally type the path within the container to store the files. The path ends with a trailing slash. If this field is left empty, the files will be saved in the container's root path. Our guide on changing where log files are written provides more information.
- In the Domain field, type the region-specific endpoint for your domain. In most cases, this should be
nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com. If the DigitalOcean Space was not created in the
nyc3region, refer to DigitalOcean's documentation to find the correct domain.
- In the PGP public key field, optionally type a PGP public key that Fastly will use to encrypt your log files before writing them to disk. You will only be able to read the contents by decrypting them with your private key. The PGP key should be in PEM (Privacy-Enhanced Mail) format. See our guide on log encryption for more information.
- In the Select a log line format area, select the log line format for your log messages. Our guide on changing log line formats provides more information.
- In the Placement area, select where the logging call should be placed in the generated VCL. Valid values are Format Version Default, None, and waf_debug (waf_debug_log). Selecting None creates a logging object that can only be used in custom VCL. See our guide on WAF logging for more information about
- In the Gzip level field, optionally type the level of gzip compression you want applied to the log files. You can specify any whole number from
1(fastest and least compressed) to
9(slowest and most compressed). This value defaults to
- Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.