The Compute page serves a web-based alternative to using the Fastly CLI when working with your Compute services using the Compute@Edge platform. The page allows you to define exactly how each instance of your Compute services should behave and interact with its data sources. The Compute page appears automatically for logged in users with the appropriate access permissions.
Before you begin
Be sure you know how to access the web interface controls before learning about each of the pages you'll encounter there.
About the Compute page
From the Compute page, you can access the Service summary tab, where you can review general service details including the event log, duplicate (clone) service versions so you can edit them, and purge content.
The page also provides access to the Service configuration tab, with controls for managing service configurations. Specifically you can:
- manage the domains used to route requests to a Compute service
- manage the hosts used as backends for a site and how they should be accessed
- manage the health checks that monitor backend hosts
- specify how logging should be performed and where server logs should be sent
- upload your Compute@Edge compatible Wasm packages once you've built them with the Fastly CLI
Finally, the Compute page also provides a Learn tab with specific resources for Fastly's edge serverless compute platform, including:
- details that help you select and learn about languages that can be used on Fastly's edge serverless computing platform
- steps for using the Fastly CLI and a link to the Fastly CLI reference documentation
- information about tools like Terraform to help you automate your workflows
- a way to experiment with code in the Fastly Fiddle so you can create ephemeral Fastly services without logging into a Fastly account and learn how your requests and responses are handled by Fastly